Subject to modifications.
Swimming event at lake Fuschlsee
- full distance or half distance
- event of the Austrian Open Water Cup
- transport of clothes (start to finish)
- award ceremony on Saturday evening
Athletes from near and far travel to Fuschl am See every year to take on the unique challenge of crossing Lake Fuschlsee armed with nothing more than a wetsuit.
This event was created in 2013 by the 4**** Roadbike- and Triathlonhotel Jakob in memory of our friend Peter who tragically died in an accident.
The Fuschlseecrossing is part of the Alpen Open Water Cup series.
After 10 years of the Fuschlseelauf run, the organisation team around Martin & Christian Braunstein has decided not to organise the race anymore.
For this reason there will be no combined ranking (Fuschlseecrossing + Fuschlseelauf run) this year.
One competition, two courses
Choose between full distance and half-distance
Competitors can select either the full distance 4,2 km (crossing of Lake Fuschlsee) or the shorter half-distance option 2,1 km, which sees swimmers take to the water in the middle of the lake and swim to the finish.
Participants are limited to 300 - register early to save your starting position!
There are for both distances for men and women two agegroups: W40, W40+, M40, M40+
Registration fee 2022:
until 31.03.2022 from 01.04.2022
EUR 60,00 EUR 70,00
The registration will open on Monday,
February 14th 2022 at 8 p.m..
Information for competitors
- Attention! We released the conditions for participation: For safety reasons, all swimmers must wear wetsuits with long legs (long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless allowed).
- Swim aids such as flippers are not permitted
- Participants take part in the event at their own risk
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary physical fitness to take part; if asked participants must provide a doctor's certificate confirming that they are fit to take part
- The event organisers emphasise that this is an open-water event taking place in Lake Fuschlsee; participants must be aware of the water temperature in the lake
- No liabilityis assumed for theft or incidents such as accidents, illnesses or deaths
- For competitors born between 2010 and 2006, the signature of a parent or guardian must be provided on the registration form
- In the case of poor weather conditions(storms, thunder and lightning) the organising committee reserves the right to change the start time or course, or to cancel the event at short notice
- No refund will be provided on participation fees
Please read the desclaimer carfully, which is part of the registration process.
For the age classes m/w 1(age group 1983 - 2010 = up to 39 yrs old) and m/w 2 (age group 1982 and below) = 40 yrs and older) there will be separated rankings and trophies in the following competitions:
- Fuschlseecrossing 4,2 km,
- Fuschlseecrossing light 2,1 km,
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman and
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman light
- 10 a.m. - 12:45 a.m. registration
- 10:00 - 12:45 p.m. information about both competitions
- 12:30 a.m.- 4:30 p.m. transition bag return
- 12:45 a.m. race briefing (attendance required!)
- 1:15 p.m. transfer by boat to the start of the short distance 2,1 km
- 1.15 .m. bus transfer to the start of the full distance 4,2 km
- 1.45 p.m. start of the short distance - beach Stöllinger
- ca. 2.10 p.m. first finisher of the short distance
- ca. 2.15 p.m. start of the full distance – beach Hofer
- ca. 3.15 p.m. first finisher of the full distance
- 5.15 p.m. finisher-buffet at the Hotel Mohrenwirt
Parking spaces are available in the car park located opposite the Fuschlseebad leisure centre (parking fees apply). There is a free shuttle bus running from the finish area back to the start area.
Please note that any accompanying persons will be charged the entrance fee to the Fuschlseebad and cannot join the shuttle bus to the swim-start.