On the special Fuschlseecrossing weekend, you will be in good hands at the 4**** Road Bike and Triathlon Hotel Jakob!
Swimming event at lake Fuschlsee
- 4,2 km or 2,1 km
- Wetsuit and swim buoys mandatory
- transport of clothes (start to finish)
- Large finisher buffet included
Athletes from near and far travel to Fuschl am See every year to take on the unique challenge of crossing Lake Fuschlsee armed with nothing more than a wetsuit.
This event was created in 2013 by the 4**** Roadbike- and Triathlonhotel Jakob in memory of our friend Peter who tragically died in an accident.
The Fuschlseecrossing is part of the Alpen Open Water Cup series.
You will be well catered for with the race nutrition from Powerbar, and as the grand finale there will be a large finisher's buffet for all participants.
One competition, two courses
Choose between full distance and half-distance
Competitors can select either the full distance 4,2 km (crossing of Lake Fuschlsee) or the shorter half-distance option 2,1 km, which sees swimmers take to the water in the middle of the lake and swim to the finish.
Participants are limited to 300 - register early to save your starting position!
There are for both distances for men and women two agegroups: W40, W40+, M40, M40+
Registration fee 2024:
The registration will open on February 1st 2024 at 8 p.m.
For safety reasons, all swimmers must wear wetsuits with long legs and a swim buoy
Information for competitors
- Attention! We released the conditions for participation: For safety reasons, all swimmers must wear wetsuits with long legs and a swim buoy (long sleeve, short sleeve or sleeveless allowed).
- Swim aids such as flippers are not permitted
- Participants take part in the event at their own risk
- All participants are responsible for ensuring that they have the necessary physical fitness to take part; if asked participants must provide a doctor's certificate confirming that they are fit to take part
- The event organisers emphasise that this is an open-water event taking place in Lake Fuschlsee; participants must be aware of the water temperature in the lake
- No liabilityis assumed for theft or incidents such as accidents, illnesses or deaths
- For competitors born between 2011 and 2007, the signature of a parent or guardian must be provided on the registration form
- In the case of poor weather conditions(storms, thunder and lightning) the organising committee reserves the right to change the start time or course, or to cancel the event at short notice
- No refund will be provided on participation fees
Please read the desclaimer carfully, which is part of the registration process.
For the age classes m/w 1(age group 1985 - 2012 = up to 39 yrs old) and m/w 2 (age group 1984 and below) = 40 yrs and older) there will be separated rankings and trophies in the following competitions:
- Fuschlseecrossing 4,2 km,
- Fuschlseecrossing light 2,1 km,
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman and
- Fuschlsee Man/ Woman light
Subject to modifications.
- 10.30 a.m. - 12.30 a.m. registration
- 10.30 - 12.45 p.m. Information booth for the Fuschlseecrossing
- 12.30 a.m.- 4.30 p.m. Acceptance and distribution of transition bags
- 12.45 a.m. race briefing (attendance required!)
- 1.00 p.m. Bus transfer to the starting point of the 4.2 km race before Fuschlseebad
- 1.15 p.m. Boat transfer to the starting point of the 2.1 km race at Fuschlseebad
- 1.45 p.m. Start of Fuschlseecrossing 2.1 km - Badeplatz Stöllinger
- approx. 2.15 p.m. Arrival of the first swimmers of the 2.1 km distance
- approx. 2.15 p.m. Start of Fuschlseecrossing 4.2 km - Hofer Naturbadestrand
- approx. 3.15 p.m. Arrival of the first swimmers of the 4.2 km distance
- approx. 4.15 p.m. Award ceremony upon the arrival of the last swimmer at Fuschlseebad
- 5.15 p.m. finisher-buffet at the Hotel Jakob
Parking spaces are available in the car park located opposite the Fuschlseebad leisure centre (parking fees apply). There is a free shuttle bus running from the finish area back to the start area.
Please note that any accompanying persons will be charged the entrance fee to the Fuschlseebad and cannot join the shuttle bus to the swim-start.